Social media has been a lifesaver to the human race particularly in terms of communication amongst people regardless of location, time zone, and ethnicity. However, it’s been known that Instagram is one of the most used online social platforms.
Instagram reaches out to 1 billion users a week at the maximum. Instagram has made the sharing of photos, videos, links, hashtags, and even locations easy. It is because of the quality of engagement on the platform and you are just sure it will go viral.
Ever since the launch of the Instagram message feature, it gave many reasons to choose the platform over other platforms like Facebook, Youtube and also use it comfortably.
What is DM on Instagram
DM denotes a direct message. It simply means a private manner of communication among users of a particular social media platform. It is one major component of the Instagram feature.
This component allows the user of Instagram to send photos, videos, messages, links, hashtags, or even locations privately to whoever is chatting.
Funny enough, DM is also embedded in other social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, snap chat, etc which is specifically used for communication.
One sweet thing about this component is the fact that you can send messages, photos, videos, hashtags, or even locations to people without the next person having an idea of what the content of the message is about.
What do you send on DM?
Before this time, Instagram had no special feature for sending private messages amongst its users. Not until December 2013.
When Instagram’s direct message came up live. However, it is important to know what is allowed to be sent via DM. The following list below is a few things that Instagram allows on DM.
- Sending photos and videos.
- Instagram allows its users to send ordinary text.
- Hashtags and locations
- Instagram allows users to send comments made on Instagram stories directly to the message section.
- Forwarding disappearing messages.
How do I Access Instagram DM?
Access to Instagram DM is pretty easy and you can send direct messages to your followers on the app. Those who ain’t your followers on this app still have the privilege of sending you messages but, it will be cataloged as a message request when you get to receive i.e if they ain’t following you on Instagram.
However, this does not apply to those with private accounts. You have to follow them to be able to send them messages. To access Instagram:
- Open Instagram app installed on your phone.
- You will be taken straight to your home feed.
- On the right corner of your home feed, you’ll notice an icon that looks like that of a message icon. Tap on it
- You’ll be directed to the message section.
Instagram DM limit
The users of the Instagram application program have a limit of one thousand characters including spaces to use while chatting on the application program.
Unfortunately, this does not apply to other social media online platforms. It makes Instagram very unique and attracts consistent engagement on the app.
What Number of Instagram Direct Messages can I Send in 24 Hours
Funny enough, Since the usage of Instagram came to being there never have been a revealing number of DM to send in twenty-four hours. Nevertheless, to be on the careful side, it is wise to send between 10- 100 DM
Per day among your followers
How do I Retrieve Deleted Messages
There are five demonstrated approaches to retrieve deleted messages.
How to Retrieve Messages Sent to Another Person
There are situations where we delete conversations we have had with someone on Instagram messages that may be intentionally or unknowing to us. When this is done, it gets from our end but not from the end of the other user.
Although, we cannot be able to retrieve the message from our end hence the best thing to do is to reach out to the other recipient and ask them to forward the messages to us if they still have it or better send a screenshot of the messages they’ve had with us.
How to Retrieve Deleted Messages on Instagram via Data Download
Pretty enough, Instagram keeps track of your data on the app which includes your Instagram stories, comments, photos, videos, and messages. This makes it possible to retrieve deleted messages via data download. It’s quite a complicated method. To begin:
- If you don’t have the app on your phone, simply go to the play store(Android users) or app store (iPhone users)
- Type in ‘Instagram’ and download
- After it is installed on your phone. Open the app and sign up to have an account or log in if you have an existing account.
- On your home feed, tap on the three-button menu icon. It will take you to another page.
- Note: If your Instagram account is updated, you will see security but if it isn’t you will see privacy and security. Though, I am illustrating with an updated Instagram account.
- Tap on the security and you will be directed to an option as data and history below it, you will see download data. Kindly tap on it
- Here you are asked to get a copy of what you have shared on Instagram with a provision for your email address. Enter your email address accurately.
- It takes you to the next page. Seeking your permission to download the data, grant it.
Note: It takes forty-eight hours to download all the data you have shared on Instagram.
- After granting permission to download data, kindly wait for forty-eight hours. After the data has been downloaded, use your laptop to open the zip files with the help of an application program that enables that and that is it.
How to Retrieve Instagram Deleted Messages via Instagram Message Recovery
This is one way to retrieve Instagram deleted if you don’t seem to understand the previous methods. How to go about it:
- Search for Instagram message recovery on Google. A list of related websites will pop up, tap on your preference.
- Enter your username
- You will be directed to the ‘restore messages’ page.
- Grant permission.
Note: While using this method/approach you have to be careful to avoid losing your username/phone number to Internet hackers.
How to Retrieve Instagram Deleted Messages via Connected Facebook Account
To use this method, you must ensure that your Instagram account is connected to that of your Facebook account. Once you have succeeded in linking both accounts, you can proceed with these steps.
- Open the Facebook application program installed on your screen or sign in with a web browser to https://www.facebook.com/usernamme if you’ve no app on your phone.
- You will be directed to the home screen.
- On the home screen, tap on the three-button menu to take you to your inbox.
- On the inbox, you will notice the icons of other social media platforms you have successfully linked and look out for the Instagram message icon, tap on it to retrieve your messages.
How to Retrieve Instagram Deleted Messages via Android Data Recovery.
Do not freak out if you’ve tried to retrieve your lost messages with other methods as earlier mentioned. This method will also work out, there is an application program referred to as Android Data Recovery. It’s a minor party application solely developed for this purpose.
Note: To begin with this method, you should download the application program with either a laptop or a desktop. It’s a risk to use your smartphone to download this application to avoid overwriting data on your phone. By overwriting data, I mean replacing new information with old information on your phone. I know you wouldn’t want that to occur.
To get started:
- Download the application program (Android data recovery) on your laptop/ desktop.
- After it is downloaded, go further and install it.
- Get a USB cord and connect your phone to the laptop. Ensure it is properly connected.
- On the home of the application program, tap on Android data recovery
- You will be directed to another page to choose the kind of file you will want to scan. If for example, you want to recover your photos, videos, or direct messages. The application program will present two options to you which ‘scan for deleted files or ‘scan for all devices. Picking the last option will take longer but I advise you to go with it.
- After you are done scanning the files, preview them.
- At this point, you can save the files (messages, photos, videos, etc). It’s up to you to make a transfer to your phone with the help of the cord.
Whichever method you want to try out. I believe the above-demonstrated approaches will defeat the struggle for retrieving deleted messages on Instagram.
The Minor Party Application Programs for Retrieving Deleted Instagram Messages
There are a handful of application programs that can be used to retrieve deleted Instagram messages and other lost files on Instagram.
What this application program does is to use the cache files on your phone (android/ iPhone) to recover your deleted information.
To use these application programs maximally, kindly follow the understandable instructions embedded in each of the application programs. The minor party applications are as follows:
This application program does not only retrieve deleted Instagram messages, it also retrieves other files like videos, photos, Instagram stories, etc. The interesting part of it is that it can be used on other social media platforms to retrieve lost files. It is available on Windows and Mac computers. You can give this application program a trial.
U.fone for iPhone
This is another minor party application that enables us to retrieve deleted Instagram messages. This is used for iPhones or iMac to retrieve deleted/lost messages on Instagram. It is available on Windows and Mac computers.
Imyfone D-back for iPhone
This particular minor party application is mostly used by the users of ios devices. It not only gets back lost messages, it can also be used to regain contact, call logs, WhatsApp etc. Its versions are available on Windows and iMac computers.
How do I Retrieve Comments on Instagram?
Sadly, when you delete comments on Instagram there is no way around it to retrieve them back. But, you can retrieve a comment that has been deleted within 0 – 30 seconds by talking on ‘undo’ to undo the deletion of the comment.
After which, there will be no way to retrieve this comment. It is important to know that Instagram stores its files on networks and not servers meaning that when you delete a comment on Instagram. It is gone but you can retrieve photos, videos, direct messages, etc
Can a Blocked User DM me on Instagram?
No, once you block a user on Instagram, the user ceases to interact with you, engage you or even send you a message on Instagram.
How do I know if my DM has been Deleted by the Other Person
It is not possible to know that your DM has been deleted by the other recipient. Instagram does not reveal such kind of information.
Can I Get Hacked Through my Instagram DM?
Yes, you can get hacked through your Instagram account which is not the first this is happening. However, you can prevent that:
- Be careful of people who send you messages stating that they’ve hacked you just might be their next catch
- Avoid sending your username/ password to strangers especially via a phone call.
- Avoid logging in to your Instagram account with other people’s devices.
Can I Retrieve my Deleted Instagram Account?
No, you can’t retrieve your deleted Instagram account. This is because the Instagram policy does not allow a user to have access to an account that is already deleted.
I have come to the end of this article and I hope you find it valuable. If you happen to know a trick that can help retrieve a deleted Instagram comment and direct messages. Please feel free to share in the comment section.